Chocolate Chip Yogurt Gluten Free Quick Bread- #Glutenfreeolivegardenbreadsticks #Glutenfreebreadsticks #Gfbananabread #Glutenfreecooking #Glutenfreedesserts #Foodswithgluten #macarons #Hotchocolatemacarons #Cookingrecipes #Cakerecipes #Sweetrecipes #Deliciousdesserts
- 1 3/4 cups (245 g) all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- 6 tablespoons (54 g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (227 g) plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 eggs (120 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 3 ounces miniature chocolate chips, tossed with 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease well a standard 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan and set it aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), place the flour blend, xanthan gum, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, and whisk to combine well with a separate, handheld whisk. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the butter, yogurt, and eggs. Mix on medium speed to combine with the paddle attachment or your handheld mixer. The batter will be thick. Add the chocolate chips tossed with cornstarch, and mix with a spatula or spoon until the chips are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Scrape into the prepared baking pan and, with wet hands, smooth the top. To create a dome shape, run a wet spatula along the edges of the pan and pull the batter toward the center. For a uniform split down the center as the bread rises in the oven (instead of a more haphazard split), slash down the center of the loaf with a sharp knife, about 1/4-inch deep.
- Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F, and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until the top of the loaf springs back when pressed lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with, at most, a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice once cool and serve.