Easy Pumpkin Custard - paleo, low carb, vegan option- #Ketopumpkinrecipes #Ketoblueberryrecipes #Ketofatbombs #Paleosnacks #Veganketorecipes #Ketosnackseasy #Instantpotpressurecooker #Healthyinstantpotrecipes #Instapotrecipes #Instantpotpaleo #Realfoodrecipes #Pressurecooking
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 Tbsp gelatin (see notes for vegan option)
- 1 14 oz canned organic pumpkin (about 1 3/4 cups - fresh will work too)
- 1 14 oz can organic full-fat coconut milk (or about 1 3/4 cups; see Easiest Coconut Milk)
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/8 tsp pure stevia extract (approx. 8 scoops - see alternative in notes)
- 1/8 cup additional other sweetener (optional)
- 1 3/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice) (if on the AIP diet, substitute the following 3 spices for the pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp organic ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Heat the pumpkin, coconut milk, spices, and sweeteners in a pot 'til quite warm but not simmering. Remove from heat.
- While it's heating, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and stir thoroughly to avoid clumping. Let it sit 'til it gels up.
- Once the gelatin is some what solidified, whisk it throughly into the heated pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the blended pumpkin mixture into ramekins, or whatever dish you would like.
- If you are particular about not having a "custard skin" form on the top of your custard, put plastic wrap on top of the custard so that it directly touches the custard.
- Refrigerate until firm and enjoy.