SMOKY WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE#Homemadewhitemacandcheeserecipe #Paneramacandcheeserecipe #Whitecheddarmacandcheesebaked #Bakedmacaroniandcheese #Baconmacandcheese #Copycatpaneramacandcheese #Pioneerwomanrecipes #Homemademacandcheeserecipe #Bestmacandcheeserecipe #Whitemacandcheeserecipe #Soulfoodrecipes #Bakedmacandcheeserecipesouthern
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated and divided
- 6 ounces white American cheese, grated or cubed
- 2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse with cool water and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in half and half and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in heavy cream, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, onion powder, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Add half of the Fontina cheese, the white American cheese and the smoked cheddar. Toss to mix well.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta and cheese.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Fontina cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.3/5 based on 217 customer reviews