Dairy-free Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo- #Wholefoodrecipes #Whole30diet #Realfoodrecipes #Cookingrecipes #Cleaneatingrecipes #Dietrecipes #Wholefoodrecipes #Cleaneatingrecipesfordinner #Healthydinnerrecipes #Dairyfreerecipesdinner #Deliciousglutenfreerecipes #Whole30dinners
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs.), halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1–2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt + more to taste
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced; plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a plate over the bowl to cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes while you prepare the squash and chicken.
- Line two rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. On one sheet, place halved squash cut side down. Place chicken thighs on the other sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheets in preheated oven. Remove chicken after 25-30 minutes or when cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken and cover with foil or a plate.
- Allow squash to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until tender. While the squash bakes it’s time to prepare the alfredo sauce.
- To prepare the alfredo sauce :
- Drain cashews and place in the canister of the Vitamix.
- Add nutritional yeast, 1 garlic clove, lemon juice, ½ tsp. salt and almond milk.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust salt as needed, adding the additional clove of garlic and blending again if you’d like a more garlicky sauce. Sauce should be warm from blending. If not, replace the lid and blend another minute until warm (this is where the built-in blend timer comes in handy!)
- When squash is ready, carefully scrape flesh into a large bowl (or cast iron skillet) using a fork to create strands of ‘pasta’.
- Add diced chicken and toss with alfredo sauce. At this point, if your squash has cooled and if you used a skillet you can either place the skillet on the stove top over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until heated through or pop the entire skillet back into the still-warm oven for a few minutes to warm while you prepare a vegetable or salad side dish.
- Stir chopped basil into spaghetti squash mixture just before serving. Top with additional basil, as desired.