Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe
- #Chickenfajitarecipe #Whitechili #Tacotuesdayrecipes #Easyvegetarianrecipes #Chickenquesadillarecipes #Chickenfajitaquesadillas #Vegetarianmeals #Meatlessmeals #Vegetarianrecipesdinner #Meatlessdinners #Mexicanricecasserole #Vegetarianmexicanrecipes
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 medium soft flour tortillas
- 2 avocados peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 cup light Mexican Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- oil or cooking spray for grilling
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the black beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another minute. Transfer mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and wipe down pan and return to heat. Drizzle with a light layer of oil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocados with a fork. Stir in cilantro and juice of 1/2 lime, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread a quarter of mashed avocado onto half of a tortilla. Top with bean mixture and 1/4th cup of cheese. Fold the tortilla closed over the veggies. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and all fillings are used.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and cheese has fully melted. Serve with your favorite salsa or sour-cream, Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted : here