Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Corn Salad
#Besteverbroccolisalad #Coleslawramennoodlesalad #Bestsaladrecipes #Cabbagesaladwithramennoodles #Cookingrecipes #Soupandsalad #Lowcarbmeals #Healthydinnerrecipes #Lowcarbrecipes #Bigmacsalad #Lowcarbsnacks #Ketodinnerrecipes
- Blackened Chicken:
- 1/2 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or regular
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lime juiced Cilantro Lime Juice Dressing:
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp cilantro freshly chopped (or parsley)
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste, optional Salad:
- 1 english cucumber cut lengthwise and then into slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 ear of corn cooked
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, diced
- Preheat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Be sure to brush the olive oil to coat the entire pan.
- Remove chicken from package. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine all seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag).
- Add the chicken breast and toss to coat.
- Once the grill pan is heated, at the chicken breast and cook on each side approximately 3-4 minutes, flipping once. Time will be dependent on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Remove from pan to a plate and allow to cool.
- Cilantro Lime Juice Dressing:
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the dressing into a small mixing bowl. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Once the chicken has cooled, cut each breast into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with salad ingredients: cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocados.
- Drizzle dressing over the top. Toss to fully combine.