Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
#Saltedcaramelcookies #Dessertrecipes #Cookiedesserts #Yummycookies #Deliciousdesserts #Browniecookies #Pineapplesmoothierecipes #Bananaandpineapplesmoothie #Pinapplebananasmoothie #Pineapplesmoothiehealthy #Pineapplealmondmilksmoothie #Chewychocolatebrownies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 15-20 drops green food colouring (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mint filled chocolate chips (or mint chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, peppermint extract, and food colouring (if using), and cream until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add this to the butter mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and mint filled chips.
- Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls (or use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop) and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, just until the edges start to brown lightly.
- Do not overbake them or they will be crispy rather than chewy. They still look underbaked when you take them out but will firm up as they cool.
- Let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes and them move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep for 7 days in a sealed container at room temperature.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 554 customer reviews