Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles Recipe
#Marthawashingtoncandy #Divinitycandyrecipe #desserts #Marthawashingtoncandyrecipe #Dessertrecipes #Grandmasrecipes #Dessertrecipes #Candycookies #Sweetstreats #food #Sweetrecipes #Deliciousdesserts
- 3 cups whole pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- dash salt
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil or shortening
- Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or till lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool. Arrange in clusters of 3-4 on silicone liners or parchment paper.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a 6 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Continue cooking and stirring till mixture reaches 235-240 degrees. I like to use the ice water test, it's more accurate. Drop a small spoonful of the hot caramel into a bowl of ice water. When you take it out, you should be able to roll it into a ball. Then it's done.
- Quickly spoon the caramel over the pecan clusters, making sure caramel is touching each of the pecans. Let sit to harden.
- Melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave at half power, stirring often till smooth. Spoon chocolate on top of each layer of caramel. Let sit for 1-2 hours, or till hardened.
RECIPE ADAPTED >>>>> here
Rated 4.9/5 based on 329 customer reviews