Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
#Saltedcaramelchocolatechipcookies #Redvelvetcookies #Cookieideas #cookies #Dessertrecipes #Cookiedesserts #Smoresstuffedcookies #Fooddeserts #Saltedcaramelchocolatechipcookies #Sprinklecookies #Desertsrecipes #Marshmallowcookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits, or soft caramel candies cut into small pieces
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugar sugars together in a large bowl using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand-held mixer on low speed just until combined. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture just until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 and 1/2 to 2 tablespoon sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Gently press the top of each dough ball into the sea salt and return to the baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown and just under done. Cool the cookies on the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.