Creamy Potato Soup With Bacon And Cheese
#Pioneerwomanrecipes #Potatoesouppioneerwoman #Chickenandgravycrockpotslowcooker #Cookingrecipes #Delicioussoup #Soupandsalad #Knockyoursocksoffcrockpotsoup #Cheesypotatosoup #Potatosoupeasy #Bakedpotatosoupeasy #Homemadepotatosoup #Creamypotatosoup
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes (about 2 large) peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon to the pot and cook until crispy, 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into small pieces.
- Add onions to the pot with the bacon grease and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add flour to the pot, and stir until the ingredients are well-mixed, a few minutes.
- Add water and stir until well-mixed. Add milk and stir. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to medium-low to simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking to the pan's bottom.
- Serve in bowls topped with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, and chopped chives.