Dominican Chimichurri Burger
- #Cookingrecipes #Dessertrecipes #Ketodinner #Diyfood #Breakfastideas #Yummyfood #Polloguisadodominicano #Locriodepollodominicano #Pastelondeplatanomaduro #Dominicanchickenrecipes #Pastelonrecipe #Puertoricanrecipes
- For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the beef patty
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- For the burgers
- 1 small onion, cut into rings
- 1 tomato, cut into slices
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 panes de agua or roll bread buns
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup and garlic powder until well combined. Reserve.
- Pulse garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper in a food processor until you obtain a coarse paste.
- Add this mixture to the meat plus a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. Mix to combine. Divide the meat into three portions. Shape each portion into a ball and then flatten slightly to make into patties.
- Brush a stove-top grill with some olive oil and heat over high heat. Grill the patties, rotating until they are cooked through, about 5-6 minutes each side. Reserve.
- Add the cabbage to the grill pan and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook the cabbage slightly, no more than 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toast your burger bun on the grill pan and then assemble. Place meat in the bun, top with tomatoes, onions, cabbage and mayo-ketchup sauce.
- Serve warm with an ice-cold beer.