EASY VEGAN CHILLI SIN CARNE
#Veggierecipes #Vegancooking #Veganvegetarian #Healthyrecipes #Cookingrecipes #Workoutfood #Veganchilli #Veganeating #Veggierecipes #Vegandishes #Veganfoods #Vegetarianveganrecipes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tin of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 100 g dried red lentils
- 400 g frozen soy mince
- 250 ml vegetable stock OPTIONAL ADD-INS:
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A large handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped TO SERVE :
- Cooked basmati rice
- Extra chopped coriander
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Metric - US
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, carrots and peppers for a few minutes, on a medium heat, until softened.
- Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, lentils, soy mince and vegetable stock. Add in the extra flavourings, if using.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed basmati rice, some fresh torn coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
- Freezes well. Keeps for up to 4 days refrigerated.