ENCHILADA STYLE BURRITOS RECIPE
#Cheesedip #Authenticquesodip #Chickenempanadasrecipe #Quesosauce #Beefstreettacos #Chickenandcheeseempanadas #Smotheredburritos #Navajotacos #Leftoverporkroastrecipes #Mexicanfoodrecipes #Shrimpburrito #Smotheredporkburritos
- Butter / Olive oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Onion chopped – 1/2
- Black beans – 15 oz or 1 can
- Red chile powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mexican cheese blend – 1 cup
- Enchilada Sauce – 1 cup
- Homemade tortilas – 2 For the rice :
- Raw rice – 3/4 cup
- Green chile / Serrano pepper chopped – 1
- Cilantro / coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbsp
- Butter / Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Step I
- Prepare the dough for tortillas and keep it aside for 30 minutes. You can also use store bough tortillas.
- In a pan, add butter or oil. Add raw rice and saute till it develops some color, about 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat. This step will impart a nutty flavor to the cooked rice.
- Now add in the green chillis, cilantro and mix. Add the water as per package instructions (for rice) and cook the rice.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix. Keep this aside.
- Step II
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp of butter or oil in pan. Add onion, pinch of salt and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add in the black beans and red chilli powder. drizzle water and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step III
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg. F and then put it on broil mode.
- Step IV
- Divide the tortillas dough into two equal parts. Using a rolling pin, roll them as big as the size of your non-stick pan / tava / griddle.
- Cook the tortilla on one side or until underside develops light golden color and the surface starts to bubble.
- Then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat this for the remaining tortilla.
- Step V
- Place two tortillas in two separate round baking pans.
- Add in the rice prepared at the center followed by the black beans mixture. Now pour the sauce, Mexican cheese blend. Roll it up and place it fold side down.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Broil in the oven for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
- Remove the burritos from the oven, add sour cream, salsa, lettuce, guacamole if desired.
- Enchilada Style Burrito is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.