EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK SOUP
#Cookingrecipes #Soupsandstews #Veganrecipes #Soupandsalad #Healthyrecipes #Delicioussoup #Cheesycauliflowerbake #2ingredientfudgecondensedmilk #Cheesycauliflowercasserole #Ketocheesycauliflower #Cheeseycauliflowerbake #Ketocauliflowerrecipes
- 1 c. cooked lentils (I used leftovers but you can also use uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- Olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup basamati rice
- 4-6 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Optional add in –> 1/2 c. chopped zucchini or corn
- Parmesan Cheese
- 8-10 ounces (1-2 cups) cooked leftover turkey/ham or meat of choice. Vegans use tempeh! or just leave out.
- In a large pot, sauté garlic, celery, carrots, and onion in butter or oil until tender. Stir in spinach/kale until slightly cooked.
- Drain water from lentils and add lentils to vegetable mixture. Pour in your broth and rice and bring to a boil then lower temperature down and simmer for 20-30 minutes until rice and lentils are almost cooked.
- Note: If you want it thicker, keep the broth to 4 cups, if you want it more soup, add more broth or water.
- Next, Add in tomatoes, spinach/kale, the rest of your herbs/spices, and cooked lamb meat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes more. Top with Parmesan Cheese and serve.
- Makes about 6-8 cups depending on how much broth you end up adding.
- Quick Cook Option: If you want to cook this in 30 minutes or less, use canned lentil and veggie soup instead of uncooked lentils. I used Amy’s organic lentil stew before and it works great!