Fudgy Paleo Chocolate Skillet Cake
#Paleodessertrecipes #Paleoglutenfree #Glutenfreedesserts #Wholefoodrecipes #Paleosnacks #Healthydesserts #Paleodessertrecipes #Paleosweets #Paleobaking #Paleoglutenfree #Glutenfreedesserts #Paleosnacks
- For the Cake:
- 3 eggs room temp
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash sea salt For the fudge topping (optional)*
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 3 Tbsp full fat coconut milk from a can - blended prior to using
- Coconut ice cream to top - I love this brand optional
- Grease one 10 inch or two 6.5 inch cast iron skillet(s) (or other oven proof skillet) lightly with coconut oil and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer (or whisk well by hand), then add the coconut sugar, vanilla extract and coconut oil and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder or cacao, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well until smooth.
- Spread the batter out evenly in the skillet or skillets** and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is just set. The baking time will vary a bit based on which skillet you use, so check beginning at 20 minutes for the center to set (no more jiggle)
- While the cake bakes, make the fudge topping. In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine the chocolate chips/morsels and coconut milk and melt, stirring, until smooth and shiny, then remove from heat.
- Allow the cake to cool in the skillets for about 5-10 minutes, then spread the fudge topping evenly over the cake(s). To serve, top with a scoop of coconut vanilla ice cream and more fudge topping if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator (without the ice cream) for up to 4 days. Enjoy!