Heart Shaped Peanut Butter Cookies
- #Valentinesdayfood #Valentinesdaytreats #Valentine'sdayrecipes #Valentinesdaydesserts #Holidayrecipes #Valentinefun #Sugarcookiefrostingrecipe #Cookiedecoratingvideos #Royalicingrecipeeasy #Sugarcookieicingthathardens #Royalicingrecipewithoutmeringuepowder #Cookiedecoratingicing
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & melted butter, stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla, stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1½ inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using the bottom of a glass (coated in sugar).
- To make the top of the heart use a butter knife or the handle of fork to cut into the top center of dough. Press it outwards to the right & left to make the "V" shape.
- Use your thumb & index finger to pinch the bottom of the dough to make the bottom "V" shape of the heart. You can use your hands to perfect the heart shape if needed.
- Take a fork & press the dough down on each side making a criss-cross on the heart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them or your cookies will turn out hard.