Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta
#Honeylemonchickenpasta #Lightshrimpscampi #Cookingrecipes #Dinnerrecipes #Yummyfood #Chickendishes #Cheeseyhashbrowns #Cookingrecipes #Pastanoodles #Yummyfood #Vegetarianrecipes #Pizzapasta
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend for sauce + more for sprinkling over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme, optional and to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Make the Pasta
- Cook according to directions on box, drain, and set aside.
- Make the Chicken
- To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, optional thyme, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken, generously sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium-low, and carefully add the sauce noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
- Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and chicken is cooked through. Stir sauce and flip chicken intermittently throughout.
- Assemble the Pasta
- Add pasta to skillet with the chicken and toss to combine and coat. Serve immediately.
- Chicken and pasta are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving.