HOT CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
- #Applecinnamonpancakes #Breakfastpancakes #Brunchrecipes #Yummybreakfast #Dessertrecipes #Pancakesandwaffles #Gingerbreadpancakes #Crescentrollrecipesdessert #Browniepancakes #breakfast #Chocolatewaffleseasy #Chocolatecrescentrolls
- For the fudge topping
- 3/4 cup (128 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream For the pancakes
- 1 cup (127 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mini marshmallows, for garnish
- Make the topping:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and cream until melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the pancakes:
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Do not overmix, it’s okay to have lumps. At this point the batter can rest, covered, for up to 30 minutes.
- Heat an electric griddle to 350°F, or a large nonstick pan to medium heat. Coat with butter. Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto the hot pan, spacing apart. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles have formed on the top, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until done.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven while you finish the batter and get ready to serve. Stack pancakes on plates and top with the fudge sauce and mini marshmallows.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 3434 customer reviews