INSTANT POT SOUP WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE, WHITE BEANS & VEGETABLES
#Instantpotrecipeseasy #Instantpotvegetablesoup #Instapotvegetablesoup #Beefbarleysoupinstantpot #Instapotrecipes #Instantpotpressurecooker #Instantpotnavybeans #Sausageandsauerkrautinstantpot #Instantpotpressurecooker #Electricpressurecookerrecipes #Crockpotrecipes #Pressurecookingrecipes
- 1 lb bag dry navy beansor other white beans of choice, soaked for several hours* (see notes)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz smoked turkey sausage sliced into medallions
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thymechopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemarychopped
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Using the saute function, add olive oil and cook sausage until browned.
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Turn saute off.
- Rinse the beans and add them to the pot, along with all remaining ingredients.
- Set to pressure cook (manual) on high for 20 minutes.
- When finished, quick release the steam valve.
- Open and season with additional salt and/or pepper to taste.
- To thicken the soup, use a wooden spoon to smash some of the beans against the side of the pot.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread.