Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- #Healthydinnerrecipesvegetarian #Stuffedsweetpotatorecipes #Veggiestuffedpeppers #Vegetarianmealshealthy #Meatlessstuffedpeppers #Veganstuffedpeppers #Veganchilieasy #Mealpreponabudgetfamilies #Bestveganchili #Individualfreezermeals #Healthyfreezermealsonabudget #Quinoastuffedpeppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion about 1/2 a medium onion
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 sweet bell peppers to serve
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over the quinoa mixture and season with spices. Stir to combine.
- Cut a circle around the tops of the peppers, and using the stem, pull out the seeds. Remove any remaining seeds and white parts with your fingers.
- Stuff each pepper with the quinoa mixture and transfer to a baking dish. Add a splash of water to the dish (about 1/8" high) and bake on the center rack for 40 minutes. Remove and serve immediately with avocado, sour cream and cilantro!