Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
#Healthyoatmealrecipes #Oatmealapplesaucemuffins #Oatmealbreakfastmuffins #Muffinsrecipeshealthy #Healthyoatmuffins #Veganoatmealmuffins #Bananacinnamonmuffins #Oatmealapplesaucemuffins #Cinnamonbananabreadmuffins #Bananarecipeshealthy #Bananabreadrecipemuffins #Bananacookies
- 1 1/2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (NOT softened)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make streusel topping first: mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Once combined, cut in butter. I use 2 butter knives and literally "cut" the butter into the mixture. When you are done your streusel should resemble small crumbles.
- For the muffins, mix together dry ingredients: oats through salt.
- Slowly mix in applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Use a large baking scoop to fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Spring a generous amount of streusel on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.