Quick and Easy Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- #Orzorecipeseasy #Orzosidedish #Parmesanbasilorzo #Lemonbutterorzo #Greekorzo #Orzorecipeshealthy #Parmesanbasilorzo #Lemonbutterorzo #Orzosidedish #Orzospinachparmesan #Lemongarlicorzo #Orzoasparagussalad
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Orzo Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Lemon, zested
- Juice of Half a lemon
- 1 1/2 Cups Peas
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and pasta.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until toasted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add garlic and stir it in followed by thyme.
- Add the broth, a small amount at a time.
- Bring to a boil, cover the skillet with a lid and turn down to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed most of the water and is tender.
- Remove the lid and add the lemon zest, juice, and peas and stir until the peas are bright and cooked.
- Add the cheese and salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.