Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- #Facciabreadrecipe #Foccaciabreadrecipes #Homemadefocacciabread #Rosemaryfocacciabread #Focacciabreadrecipe #Noyeastbread #Rosemaryfoccaciabread #Rosemaryrecipes #Focacciabreadrecipe #Rosemaryfocaccia #Homemadefoccaciabread #Foccaciabreadeasy
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water divided
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast 2 envelopes
- 3/4 cup olive oil divided plus 2 tbsp
- 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Flaky Sea Salt for garnishing
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook combine 1/2 cup of the water and yeast. Stir to dissolve and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the remaining water with 6 tbsp of the olive oil and whisk together.
- Combine the flour and salt in another bowl.
- Add the water/oil mixture to the yeast and whisk together.
- Add half of the flour and mix on low with the dough hook.
- Add the remaining flour and mix on low speed for 5 minutes then increase the speed to medium for another 10 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and dump the dough onto it.
- Gently knead the dough into a ball shape.
- Wipe the inside of a large bowl with a splash of olive oil and set the dough ball into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for about one hour (first rise)
- Punch the dough down to release the air and then knead it into another ball shape placing it back into the bowl for another hour to hour and a half. (second rise)
- Repeat the process knocking out the air and forming back into a ball.
- Place the dough ball back into the bowl and cover tightly.
- Place the bowl with the covered dough into the fridge and let it sit overnight.
- Next day bring the dough to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Line an 18x13x1 inch deep baking sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle the same size as the baking pan (18x13)
- Place the dough onto the prepared pan stretching it to the edges if needed.
- Cover and let rise for about one hour or until the dough has risen slightly to the level of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the surface of the dough generously with the remaining olive oil.
- Using your fingers, gently make the dimples by pressing your fingertips into the dough a few times.
- Sprinkle the chopped rosemary over the surface followed by the flaky sea salt.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 20-23 minutes and the surface is a deep golden color.
Recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.4/5 based on 782 customer reviews