Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- #Easycrockpotrecipes #Foodanddrink #Crockpotorangechickenhealthy #Easyfoodrecipes #Orangechickeneasycrockpot #Crockpotchickenrecipes #Cilantrolimechickencrockpot #Cookingriceincrockpot #Slowcookercilantrolimechickentacos #Crockpotcilantrolimechicken #Chickenburritobowls #Crockpotchickentacoshealthy
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (I use low sodium)
- 1 16 oz jar salsa (use your favorite; I used a local Texas brand)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from two limes
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top, then cover with salsa, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Place lid on top and cook for four hours on high, or 6-7 hours on low. Remove chicken from crockpot to a separate bowl and shred with two forks. Moisten chicken with small amounts of juice left over from the crockpot until you get the amount of moisture that you like. I used about 1/2 - 3/4 cup juice.
- Serve with taco shells or tortillas, adding on your favorite toppings. I like to use shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, cheese, sour cream, and even a drizzle of ranch dressing. Enjoy!