These Sweet Potato Muffins Are So Magical, They Have Their Own Fairytale
These healthy sweet potato muffins are so quick and easy to make as well as moist and delicious. #Weightwatchersbananabread #Smartpointsrecipes #Weightwatchersmeals #Weightwatchersdesserts #Weightwatcherssmartpoints #Skinnyrecipes #Cranberryrecipes #Blueberryzucchinimuffins #Almondbutterzucchinimuffins #Zucchinimuffinshealthy #Breakfastmuffins #Healthybaking
- 2 cups Whipped sweet potatoes You could truly use leftover mashed sweet potatoes from last night's dinner. If you use leftovers and they were sweetened, you may want to reduce the maple syrup a little.
- 2 Ripe Medium to Large Bananas I squeeze them between my fingers and then whisk them smooth. You can also smash them with a fork and then whisk.
- 2 tbsp Vanilla I suggest using the highest quality that you can find.
- 1 tbsp Sun Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder I make mine "heaping." It helps to make this dense muffin fluffier!
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Again, the better the quality - the better your end results!
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice This is typically a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 1 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk Reduce this to 1 1/2 cups if you increase your maple syrup to 1/2 cup.
- 1/3 cup Grade B Dark Maple Syrup You could increase this to 1/2 cup depending upon how sweet you want them. If you increase the syrup to 1/2 - reduce your almond milk to 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free (optional) Oats
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Finely Ground Golden Flax Seeds
- 3/4 cup Hemp Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- "Squash" the bananas into a large mixing bowl and then whisk them smooth.
- Add in whipped sweet potatoes. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the vanilla and sun butter.
- Next whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon so that they are well distributed.
- The combined almond milk and maple syrup should total 2 cups of liquid. Adjust the almond milk according to the amount of maple syrup used.
- Whisk almond milk and maple syrup in.
- Slowly stir in oats, oat flour, ground flax seeds, and hemp hearts.
- Line 2 muffin pans with baking cups. Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full.
- Place muffin pans into your preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn pans and bake for the final 15 minutes.
- *Optional - Sprinkle with a little raw sugar, oats, or streusel topping.