Traditional Beef Rouladen Recipe
- #Porkloinrecipes #Hamburgermeatrecipes #Groundbeefrecipesfordinner #Sloppyjoerecipe #Flanksteakrecipes #Instantpotrecipeshealthyfamily #Oktoberfestparty #Germanpotatodumplings #Cookingrecipes #Schnitzelrecipes #Meatrecipes #Germancuisine
- 6 large inside round rouladen
- Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley and more for garnish
- 6 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 8 mushrooms, sliced Gravy
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Lay out the 6 slices of meat and brush with Dijon mustard. Lay on a slice of bacon on each, cutting if needed for size. Sprinkle on the onions and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up and fasten with a toothpick. Dredge in the flour.
- Heat a large saute pan and add the 3 Tbsp. butter. Fry the rouladen until nicely browned on all sides. Cook in batches if needed.
- Place in a casserole dish big enough for a single layer. Add water to the saute pan to get the drippings and scrape up, pour over the rouladen. Add in the low sodium soy sauce, worcestershire and additional water to come about half way up the rouladen. Sprinkle on the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Bake covered in a 325F oven for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
- When finished cream the butter and flour together. Remove the rouladen and keep warm. Pour the gravy in a sauce pan and heat. Add the flour/butter mixture and whisk to thicken. Adjust seasoning if needed. Let simmer and pour over the rouladen. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
RECIPE ADAPTED >>>>> here
Rated 4.5/5 based on 732 customer reviews