VEGAN SWEET POTATO TOFU BOWLS RECIPE
#Vegetarianrecipes #Veganfoods #Veganeating #Cookingrecipes #Vegandinners #Wholefoodrecipes #Veganeggrollinabowl #Eggrollinabowlvegetarian #Veganeggrollinabowl #Buddahbowl #Summerbuddhabowl #Veganpizza
- For the Baked Tofu
- 1 package medium, firm or extra-firm tofu, chopped into cubes, triangles or slabs
- splash or soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder For Each Bowl
- 1/2 cup (125 gram) sliced sweet potato
- 1-2 cups chopped broccoli (per bowl)
- 1-2 cups white or cremini mushrooms (per bowl)
- 1/2 a sliced red pepper
- 1-2 cups de-stemmed and chopped, lightly cooked kale or spinach (or a big handful of raw salad greens of choice)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into desired shapes and place in a bowl. Toss with a generous splash of soy sauce or tamari and a good sprinkle of garlic powder and black pepper. Lay the pieces on a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking tray.
- Slice your sweet potato and lay the slices on a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking tray. Place the sweet potato and tofu in the oven at the same time and bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping them both half way through. When the sweet potato is tender and the tofu is nice and browned, they’re done.
- To make the broccoli and mushrooms, add the chopped pecies to a non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes until browned and tender. Only stir or shake the pan occasionally so they can get nice and browned.
- To make the kale or spinach, use a steamer or just heat in a pan with a splash of water until the leaves are a nice, bright green and just slightly softened. Or if you’re using raw salad greens, just add a bit handful to a bowl then top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Optional: drizzle with hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, almond pad thai sauce, teriyaki sauce, almond satay sauce or coconut peanut sauce.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 3.5/5 based on 87 customer reviews